Township of Zorra
Adjust Font Size:

Home Contact Us
Township of Zorra

Special Occasion Permits

Special Occasion Permits (SOP) are for the sale and service of beverage alcohol at special occasions such as weddings, charity fundraisers, receptions etc. Special Occasion Permits are issued through select Liquor Control Board of Ontario ("LCBO") stores throughout the province."  

PLEASE NOTE: As of June 1, 2011, for outdoor events, the permit holder must at least 30 days prior to the event, write to the local municipality, police, and fire and health departments informing them of the event. The building department must be notified as well if a tent or marquee is used. 

For questions regarding tent permits and inspections please contact Mike Hughes, Chief Building Official at 519-485-2490 ext. 224.

For more information regarding Special Occasion Permits, please visit the Alcohol & Gaming Commission AGCO website

Municipal Alcohol Policy

A revised Municipal Alcohol Policy was approved by Council at the regular Council meeting held on May 1, 2012.  This policy took effect immediately.  View the full policy for more information.